• Today's Birthdays

1. Francis (20 years old)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Infra

[3.0] DM, EDM and DD Maps

39 posts in this topic

To be able to give you the best experience possible we decided to rebuild our entire map repository

We obviously cannot do this alone, that's why we need your help.

Please take some time to search and upload maps to the " 3.0 Map Uploader " in the UCP.

Only upload DM / EDM & DD maps AND DO NOT remove the music file from the archive.

The music file is really important.

Also one thing @Infra forgot to mention about the music files, is that if there is no music file in the folder when you download it (Might be a rare case tbh, but still a possibility), you can add a custom one chosen by you. Reminding that troll songs are not allowed, so choose a good one. You have some good music channels like NCS and Proximity who have good songs you can download and add into the map! :) Thank you for your help!

Hopefully the ones that got added with no decoration.

1 hour ago, InfiNity said:

so most of the maps will get lost? 

Not precisely. We will simply reset the current map repository so we can have a better handle of what maps should be added into the server and which ones not, because right now, the server has more than 3k maps, and checking each and everyone of them would take us ages and we wouldn't be ready for 3.0 in time if we would do it like that. So we will simply start with 0 maps and check every map you guys upload, and upload the good / best ones.

1 hour ago, JimmyS said:

Hopefully the ones that got added with no decoration.

Many of those will probably not be added, except if the track is good enough and isn't bugged as hell, we might add it then. Example would be Final Just Got Shrekt, has no decoration, but the track isn't buggy and is smooth and good enough.

Also one thing @Infra forgot to mention about the music files, is that if there is no music file in the folder when you download it (Might be a rare case tbh, but still a possibility), you can add a custom one chosen by you. Reminding that troll songs are not allowed, so choose a good one. You have some good music channels like NCS and Proximity who have good songs you can download and add into the map! :) Thank you for your help!

5 minutes ago, Andre said:

Not precisely. We will simply reset the current map repository so we can have a better handle of what maps should be added into the server and which ones not, because right now, the server has more than 3k maps, and checking each and everyone of them would take us ages and we wouldn't be ready for 3.0 in time if we would do it like that. So we will simply start with 0 maps and check every map you guys upload, and upload the good / best ones.

Actually the real reason for that is the map music, we cant upload all (g)old maps which were made by New Dawn players like most of the EDM maps, even I'm only playing EDM because of the good old maps and if they wont be there anymore I guess not only me would stop with the Mode (this goes only to EDM mode)

2 minutes ago, InfiNity said:

Actually the real reason for that is the map music, we cant upload all (g)old maps which were made by New Dawn players like most of the EDM maps, even I'm only playing EDM because of the good old maps and if they wont be there anymore I guess not only me would stop with the Mode (this goes only to EDM mode)

That's not the main reason.

At the very end we will go through all the old maps (not manually...) and look which ones would need to be recovered.

I think the Map-Manager Team just didnt had 100% motivation to fix/remove the bad Maps while the Server was online, otherwise it wouldnt be needed to reupload / check all Maps if map-music wasnt the main reason.

11 minutes ago, InfiNity said:

I think the Map-Manager Team just didnt had 100% motivation to fix/remove the bad Maps while the Server was online, otherwise it wouldnt be needed to reupload / check all Maps if map-music wasnt the main reason.

If they were paid like 500€ per month they'd do it for sure :)))))

Time to start paying @Infra, don't be greedy.

19 minutes ago, InfiNity said:

otherwise it wouldnt be needed to reupload

We improved the way of loading maps, so we have to reconvert every single map.

52 minutes ago, LilsnappY said:

Can I upload multiple maps at the same time?

Yes.

I think the limit is set to 20

i've got a dozen maps files,unfortunately it would take a long time to upload them all since my internet is fucking slow. :/

I can be map manager, Andre it's the only manager who upload maps :/ idk just say

6 hours ago, Flatz said:

i've got a dozen maps files,unfortunately it would take a long time to upload them all since my internet is fucking slow. :/

You could at least try to upload your favorite ones. :)

6 hours ago, Madmatt said:

I can be map manager, Andre it's the only manager who upload maps :/ idk just say

No he's not.

I feel New Dawn 3.0 shouldn't bring any map that was in New Dawn 2.0

By that I don't mean they shouldn't bring maps from New Dawn 2.0, but only the good ones, the rest of the ones need to be ditched as they tend to be buggy or oldschool, maybe add them to EDM.

tldr; what I'm trying to say is we should have only the best maps for New Dawn 3.0.

20 minutes ago, Kimee_H said:

So i need to add a music file into the map?

22 hours ago, Infra said:

Is that if there is no music file in the folder when you download it (Might be a rare case tbh, but still a possibility), you can add a custom one chosen by you.

11 hours ago, Madmatt said:

Being a map manager is kind of a big responsibility as you have access (not yet for me) to almost every file that makes New Dawn what it is. Yes, every file. Making a random player, who's offering himself to 'help' wouldn't be the best idea, we understand people would like to help, but the owners can not simply give it away like that without being sure the person won't damage the server or even steal the scripts and stuff. :)

About me being the only one uploading maps, that's not actually true, maybe the map uploading activity wasn't the best lbut it will all be sorted out for 3.0 for sure, the other managers have uploaded maps alongside myself too, like @Peek and @Xer0 uploading Bring The Madness and fixing some other maps, @*Silver* has uploaded quite a few maps too, as well as myself. ^^ Also the map uploader has tons of untested maps atm, due to older map managers getting inactive causing the uploader to get full, we have to test the maps and many times we come across a series of maps that are completely bugged or something which makes us lose time to upload/test/fix other maps. As well as maps being uploaded 3 and 4 times.

We appreciate your help, but I hope you understand! :*

6 hours ago, Andre said:

As well as maps being uploaded 3 and 4 times.

It probably will be a bigger issue now, won't it?

Perhaps we should have access to the maps already uploaded by everyone to see if the map has been uploaded or not, like a search engine.

@Andre@Peek@Infra

Client.lua need's to stay in the rar file ? (Sorry for my bad english) ATT: sK.Krooz

41 minutes ago, Nomadust said:

Client.lua need's to stay in the rar file ? (Sorry for my bad english) ATT: sK.Krooz

Every file included in the .rar/.zip you downloaded or have, must be uploaded yes!