Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flatz

Some of hotkeys on my laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working

5 posts in this topic

help, today i just turned on my laptop and i realized that my eight, nine, six and left shift don't work anymore. It's weird because it's suddenly stopped working, there were no signs like these keys won't work like keys started rarely working... please help me i already checked the keyboard driver and i tried to plug my battery on off and also if anyone know how to replace these keys with another keys let me know..

thanks

Advertisement

Can you tilt your keyboard 45 degrees and try to see under them? Sometimes there are dust particles that go under them or the key could be misplaced. 

As Thunder said.. try to clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust. If that does not work a technician is a must.

Also retry the battery solution, maybe you didn't do it the right way: shut down the laptop, remove battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and put the battery in .. start the lap top..

On 3/6/2017 at 5:35 PM, Potato said:

As Thunder said.. try to clean the keyboard with compressed air (blow compressed air in the gaps between keys). This removes some lint and dust. If that does not work a technician is a must.

Also retry the battery solution, maybe you didn't do it the right way: shut down the laptop, remove battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and put the battery in .. start the lap top..

Or just buy a new laptop