• Today's Birthdays

1. Francis (20 years old)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DuuhZehBruuuH

Derby 2.0

27 posts in this topic

Hello, today, i bring you, my suggestion for a new style of derby.

I think everything needs to evolve and have news some time ...

I never saw any people find a cool way for the derby, so, thinking about it, today i bring you my idea for a new derby style.

Info:

*How will it be?

-My idea is to inplant objects in vehicles (with the attachment object)

*What is the purpose of this?

-In addition to making the derby much more fun, you will have many new strategies.
-Here is a very useful example in the image below.

The yellow car will create a ramp on your rear
vKe4Jvq.png

To enable your friend (red car) to pick up the nitro

sIUGJow.png

PThvwpR.png

*How would that work?

- The idea is simple, after the player presses a certain button, the ramp would appear in his car (for a short time) and then it would be destroyed again

-This ramp can be purchased at the shop, and used only once per map

The idea is very simple and fun, would be good news for version 3.0 that is coming :)

-Waiting For Your Feedbacks, Guys. -Duuh

Sounds good and it would bring much more fun in the Derby mode, +1.

I feel like people would abuse this by activating the ramp as soon as someone is about to push you, to "bug" his car into your ramp. And vehicle attached objects are non-collidable.

8 minutes ago, Peek said:

I feel like people would abuse this by activating the ramp as soon as someone is about to push you, to "bug" his car into your ramp. And vehicle attached objects are non-collidable.

The ramp is temporary as I told you (about five seconds), so the player is not advantage
Ps: I'm sorry, but the objects are collidable.
I once did a script with half-insane cars, and then i tested with Angelofdeath. Not very good, because they are many objects ... But just being ramps there are no problems.

Link Video: 

Isn't it kinda unfair for new players? Loners will have a disadvantage due the fact that they can't get nos and repair. 

16 minutes ago, LilsnappY said:

Isn't it kinda unfair for new players? Loners will have a disadvantage due the fact that they can't get nos and repair. 

The maps will remain the same. This just gives more strategy ingame and teamwork.
Imagine that you vehicle friend is exploding, and the repair is above or below it, and he can't get repair before boom....Then you can active the ramp for him jump on time.
This should be restricted to being used only once per map, so no player abuses this, and yet with a short time of up to five seconds. Therefore, with the player being able to use only 1x per map, he will think through what situation to use.

I guess team players are already having enough advantages above loners. 

2 minutes ago, LilsnappY said:

I guess team players are already having enough advantages above loners. 

But this is advantageous for both sides. This is like a knife, you can use it to kill someone, or you can end up dying if you do not know how to use it right ...

But I tell you that the derby needs an evolution in something, the derby we play today is the same as 11 years ago (2006). I can not be a claim that everyone will like, but the developers can test to see what the result would be like.
It's like I said before ... I've tested this once with Angelofdeath, and the results are so satisfying, so decide to do the topic to see what your another players think

Just now, DuuhZehBruuuH said:

But this is advantageous for both sides. This is like a knife, you can use it to kill someone, or you can end up dying if you do not know how to use it right ...

But I tell you that the derby needs an evolution in something, the derby we play today is the same as 11 years ago (2006). I can not be a claim that everyone will like, but the developers can test to see what the result would be like.
It's like I said before ... I've tested this once with Angelofdeath, and the results are so satisfying, so decide to do the topic to see what your another players think

I rather see it as an old school gamemode. And I guess that the best evolution would be innovative parts in the DD maps. 

You are against because you have no friends. (dont take it serious, it's just a joke) Loners always had a disadvantage, thus, it doesn't really matter, it would actually force them to get to know other players aka make future teams.

Must have two rooms in the derby, as in DM (DM and EDM). One with the traditional derby mode and others with this innovation. So who does not like innovation can play in the traditional room

4 minutes ago, DuuhZehBruuuH said:

Must have two rooms in the derby, as in DM (DM and EDM). One with the traditional derby mode and others with this innovation. So who does not like innovation can play in the traditional room

Yes or the innovative way on specific maps if possible

Great suggestion DuuhZehBruuuH, i totally agree. It would bring much more fun in the Derby mode.

+1

First of all i gotta check if attached objects have collisions , im not sure about that.

I thought that we could do it like Rocket League's Rumble mode , its being charged for a few seconds and then you get a random item which you can activate for a few seconds and then it charges again.

But if we'd do it I'd not do it permanently , more like twice per day at random/fixed times.

And I also don't know how it works out with our collision detection.

4 minutes ago, Infra said:

First of all i gotta check if attached objects have collisions , im not sure about that.

Maybe vehicle attached objects are the ones with collision, and player attached objects without.

In my opinion that's just silly and useless. Like seriously, adding a ramp behind the car so your friend can make a jump ain't good enough. For derby to succeed again there have to be many new maps because the current one's have been around for many years and the removal of many is also important.

9 minutes ago, Peek said:

Maybe vehicle attached objects are the ones with collision, and player attached objects without.

90% of gtasa objects attached on vehicles have collision (not all, but majority)...

Just now, UnknownLegend said:

In my opinion that's just silly and useless. Like seriously, adding a ramp behind the car so your friend can make a jump ain't good enough. For derby to succeed again there have to be many new maps because the current one's have been around for many years and the removal of many is also important.

I started in the derby since 2006 ~ 2007, "New maps are not the way" if you join mta derby servers, 90% of the derby serves only classic zaya maps (made in 2008 ~ 2009). Map with many objects and decoration in the derby give a certain delay, so that's why the old maps are more successful. In addition to having two rooms, you can not play in the new room :)) For those who do not like the idea is simple ... Probably have 2 rooms, just keep playing in the traditional

2 minutes ago, DuuhZehBruuuH said:

I started in the derby since 2006 ~ 2007, "New maps are not the way" if you join mta derby servers, 90% of the derby serves only classic zaya maps (made in 2008 ~ 2009). Map with many objects and decoration in the derby give a certain delay, so that's why the old maps are more successful. In addition to having two rooms, you can not play in the new room :)) For those who do not like the idea is simple ... Probably have 2 rooms, just keep playing in the traditional

Why shouldn't new maps be the way? Noone spoke about decoration. And what's the difference if there is one shade or 2 bally's 

Well you see the thing, I've been around MTA DD too and I know the difference. But, what you are not considering is that MTA is way more different than SA-MP and until now there has not been any problem with decoration or whatsoever, only maps are the big deal for the moment and why not two or three extra things that will show up in 3.0.

14 minutes ago, LilsnappY said:

Why shouldn't new maps be the way? Noone spoke about decoration. And what's the difference if there is one shade or 2 bally's 

It's simple because I'm sure, I'm the oldest player in dd here, and it's always been that way.
Any good derby player knows that for the perfect direction, there can not be a minimum of delay.
Set maps like Jungle, or with many objects ... And see the fps ...

I do not see you making criticisms bulding, you just dont want accept the idea.
Our discussion is waste of time ... You can give me good explanations and say why an idea is bad, and I can give give good explanation why an idea is cool.
But about your explanations are false, i am on derby since 2006, a nolifer derby, you try show that know more than me about derby, Haha'... is really hilarious.

23 minutes ago, DuuhZehBruuuH said:

It's simple because I'm sure, I'm the oldest player in dd here, and it's always been that way.
Any good derby player knows that for the perfect direction, there can not be a minimum of delay.
Set maps like Jungle, or with many objects ... And see the fps ...

I do not see you making criticisms bulding, you just dont want accept the idea.
Our discussion is waste of time ... You can give me good explanations and say why an idea is bad, and I can give give good explanation why an idea is cool.
But about your explanations are false, i am on derby since 2006, a nolifer derby, you try show that know more than me about derby, Haha'... is really hilarious.

Lol, is that your best explanation? You're playing for a few years and now your idea's are the best? Any other opinions are useless? 

I never said that mappers need to make a map with 10k objects around. I just said that innovative maps will already improve derby a lot. Think out of the box while mapping. Take DM mappers as example. I got a DM which has multiple nice parts which can be used for DD as well. I don't need to know anything about derby to give points of improvements. Being original in a map doesn't make everyone lag by default. 

Implant such parts in DD maps. And maps will get beast. 

Whenever you're having a bit of fantasy you can make an awesome DD map. Maybe also with some soft decoration. Which won't make you lag.

Exampe x2: 

I guess you guys can develop some original DD maps now.

5 hours ago, LilsnappY said:

I rather see it as an old school gamemode. And I guess that the best evolution would be innovative parts in the DD maps. 

1 hour ago, LilsnappY said:

I did not say that my idea is good, just said that you words have no arguments

With these 2 arguments ,  you that there is a lot to learn yet.  New maps ins't new way to sucess,

join on derby servers and look that much servers use only old maps (without decoration).  #Fact_1

Samp is different, it has maps with 100 objects that the player fps at 30 (even with little decoration). #Fact_2

Log on to mta's servers and see if I'm lying.
Then enter the new dawn server and set the maps "Jungle1, Jungle2, Jungle3" look the fps 

You are the type of person who judges the book by its cover, nor do you want to test the system and already say that you do not like the idea

Dont think that you are the last one experienced here ... This is my inactive account: https://dawn-tdm.com/profile/475-alien_

, I'm on new dawn from the beginning here too

My subject with you ends here, do not waste my time with uninformed people who do not even want to play derby.